Birmingham One2One Photo Workshop
Selfridges and (much) more... ALL NEW WORKSHOP!
£250 (includes free eBook)
Various Saturday dates available for this one day workshop.
This City Photo Walk takes in the UK’s second largest city to its itinerary, which features arguably the UK’s most stunning building. The Selfridges store was built in 2003, as part of the rejuvenation of the famous Bullring Shopping Centre in the heart of Birmingham. The building is a genius piece of work by architects Future Systems and a photographers dream. Covered entirely in 15,000 shiny, aluminium discs and supposedly inspired by a Paco Rabanne sequined dress, it bends and curves around its exterior, producing the most wonderful shapes and compositions to photograph with a camera.
On this brand new photo workshop we will cover a range of techniques required for urban photography. During the day we’ll look at:
Creating exciting abstracts
Shooting for impact
Finding creative compositions
Learn about the various controls and settings on your camera including:
Ideal choice of shutter speed & aperture - Understanding the histogram
Take control of the ISO - Using White Balance for creativity
The workshop kicks off at 10.30am and finishes around 4.30pm.
This brand new photo walk is a One2One workshop, to guarantee personal tuition and individual help where needed.
All new views and creative ways of capturing popular landmarks in this amazing city
You will need to bring:
- A Digital SLR. Alternatively, you can even bring a bridge camera or Compact System Camera, such as the Olympus OMD or Fuji X series, as this will suit our shooting style for the day.
- A range of lenses from wide angle to telephoto. Any filters you have will be useful, but we have a range of LEE filters for you to try.
- No tripod is required, as we will shoot handheld and tailor our cameras to suit this style of shooting.
- Waterproof clothing and sensible footwear.
- A creative mind and openess to explore this rich urban environment!
*Fully updated workshop to represent this changing city*
Highlights of the day include:
- Selfridges Building
- Birmingham Canal
- BT Tower
- Oozells Square
- Birmingham Library (incl rooftop)
Think you know Birmingham? Think again!
The workshop price also includes a free copy of my eBook ‘Urban Landscapes’. This book covers many of the techniques that will be demonstrated on the Birmingham Photo Walk and therefore makes an ideal companion to the workshop.
To book a place, please e-mail me to request a suitable date, then complete the booking form below and return with full payment or pay via the PayPal option below.
Print out the Booking Form and return
Book a place £250